Tuesday, August 10, 2010

6.5 & 3 - portraits

This first one of Gennie is my absolute favorite of her for this round of portraits. . . with a nod to poetic irony, it was the last one I took of her after I had told them we were done and they could play on the swing set. . . she was climbing up the slide ladder and I screamed, "Stop!!!" and shot the picture. But it's the closest to her real smile that I got all day. And I LOVE this one of Josiah . . . even though it's farther away, it just really looks like him right now.This one was just a little too "posed" looking . . . and I'm not sure what she's looking at.
Who am I kidding -- I love them all. Every January and August I get so excited to shoot their next round of portraits. And it's getting a lot easier now that they can sit still for more than a minute . . . and can be bribed with candy. (We went through 3 sleeves of Pez candies and a baggie of Cinnamon Toast Crunch in this half-hour shoot. Good thing they're cheap!)

1 comment:

sinkthis said...

look how they've grown!!! beautiful and handsome:)
i love the toothless grins of gennie's... priceless!