Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"It's the end of the year as we know it......"

So, this school year is almost over and I'll have both of my kidlets home again for 3 whole months! I'd love to think that they'll play together daily and get along famously the entire time . . . but I know these kids, and let's face it -- that's just not gonna happen. They'll do pretty well most days but I'll be holding foreheads at arm's length and dodging swinging fists within a week, I'm almost sure of it.

With all the end-of-the-year tests and activities going on, we got some great news about Gennie. She qualified for the GATE (Gifted and Talented) program starting next year! They tested her over a couple of weeks and her scores came back in the 98th percentile, with an IQ of 132! She moved up through the reading scale this year and will be ending it reading at a 5th grade level, 130 words per minute with 98 percent accuracy and comprehension. Smart little thing! Here's hoping next year will be just as good or better!

Oh, and score one for all those "bottle-fed" babies out there! Her mind obviously functions just fine. :)

1 comment:

The Washburns said...

Love it! Yay, Gennie! We're proud of you!