Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A better week, hopefully

So, we're shooting for a better week this week. Obviously we will not forget all that happened last week, and in all honesty I'm glad that we were able to be a part of all that went on and see how the Lord worked in every step of the situation. His hand was clearly in each day for our friends and I firmly believe He will continue to be with them as they try to get back to normal, as it were. He has blessed them with His strength and it's amazing to see.


I took Josiah in for his follow-up dr visit yesterday. We were scheduled for an appt just before lunch and it seems our dr was getting into his lunchbox a little early. (The following is what I could decipher thru the cloud of summer sausage . . . Merry Christmas and Happy Hickory Farms!) He said he wants us to continue the breathing treatments for another week then cut him off until he gets sick again, whenever that is. He said he is getting better, tho, and although we get to enjoy the hacking cough for the next 4-6 weeks, he isn't contagious and is actually getting over it. We go in on the 30th for his 6mos appt so he'll check out his chest again and make sure all is well. I had to add this photo because he was just such a miserable little guy I couldn't help taking the picture. 5 months old is too young to be this sick:

Thankfully he doesn't look this bad anymore. I'll have to take more photos of them this week. We'll see.

Now I'm off to do some housework. Would you believe I still haven't completely unpacked from our CA trip?!?! It's kinda like that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where they have that one suitcase that stays on the staircase for weeks because neither of them wants to unpack it themselves. Yep, that's us. But I think I'd better get on it before Kev puts it out on the lawn . . . it's mostly my stuff left in it.

Oh, and for those of you in warmer places than us . . . it was -15 F this morning when Kev went to work and two hours later when I took Gennie to school it was a whopping -11! Yes, those are both negative numbers. Wahoo for big thick blankets!

No comments: