Wednesday, May 20, 2009

catching up


So, I finished the aforementioned blanket at 3:50pm for a 5pm shower. I had just enough time to take a photo of it . . . for posterity, of course . . . change my clothes, throw Gennie in the car and drive to RS. Somewhere in there I picked up my mom, too, I think. She was at the shower so I assume I stopped to get her.

After that I began work on the end-of-the-year thank-you gifts for Gennie's teachers. Kev said now that he's a fellow teacher I have to make sure the gifts are something that teachers will actually use, thus sparing them the hassle of re-gifting useless crap. Ahh, so eloquent, my husband. Anyway, I saw a picture of something like this and decided to do it myself -
They are the tiny 6x9 inch clipboards from Staples (only $1.50 each!!!) that I spray painted white and covered in scrap paper. Then I found tablets that fit (and they are eco-friendly sugarcane paper, too!) and added the little patterned paper to make them match. And yes, they met Kev's requirements. I was very tempted to keep one for myself . . . but I'll just have to make another one sometime.
That's it for now. Preschool circus and graduation photos to come, I promise, as soon as I get them edited and can look at them without . . . sniff sniff . . . crying. And believe me, it's the ugly cry.

No comments: