Tuesday, June 23, 2009

about today.

TODAY
June 23, 2009

Outside my window... The sun is decidedly out, finally.
I am thinking... about how much I hate Walmart and really don't want to go there today.
I am thankful for... a ton of stuff, both little and big.
From the kitchen... last night was Breakfast for Supper, eaten wherever you can find a spot to sit. I'm much more relaxed about sitting at the kitchen table during the summer.
Tonight, I'm thinking something quick before the softball game, maybe chicken caesar salad?
I am wearing... capri jeans, and surprisingly not freezing my buns off.
I am creating... a grocery list, which is not what I'd rather be creating right now.
I am going... to gather the kids and head out; let's get the horror over with so we can come home.
I am reading... the Amazon listing for Fool by Chrisopher Moore. It's a spoof of the story of King Lear and I can't wait until it makes its way to our little pathetic library, or at least into the state library system so I can request it. The last one of his books I requested made the librarian blush when I told her the title: Island of the Sequined Love Nun - a completely harmless fiction story about organ harvesting.
I am hoping... that Kev has a safe trip to Riverton for the mtgs tomorrow. I hate it when he has to leave, except that I can make a HUGE mess with my scrap stuff and don't have to pick it up until I hear the car return to the driveway. Hee hee.
I am hearing... Kopper bark at nothing in the backyard. Darn annoying dog.
Around the house... there is the faint sound of Handy Manny from the front room.
One of my favorite things... is summer. Period.
A few plans for the rest of the week... straighten the house for home group tomorrow night; scrap as much as I can and make as big a mess as I want; clean up the house again for Kev to come home; help Kev install the sprinkler system when he returns this weekend; occasionally feed/clothe/chat with the kids (just kidding about the "occasionally" part - this is probably the most likely one to happen on this list.)

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: