Thursday, March 11, 2010

31 and counting

So, I turned 31. Without much fuss, really. Funny how when you're a kid you actually feel older and more grown up on your birthday but when you get older not much changes and the day feels like all the others around it! My dad took me to lunch on my actual birthday . . . we had to postpone celebrating until the 3rd because of Financial Peace University and volleyball . . . but Dad said he didn't want the day to go by without some sort of specialness. I had to take J to the dr's for a rash (some kind of virus) which is never how you'd like to spend your special day, but when we did get to go to supper and open presents it was great!

I wanted Mexican for dinner so we went to Don Pedro's.
My dad had to fight Jo for his share of the salsa . . . I swear that kid would just pick up the bowl and drink it if we'd let him.I got scrapping stuff and bath and body stuff from my parents and a new watch and a Xyron machine from Kev (the Xyron machine makes a sticker out of anything up to 5" wide and the thickness of a nickel - perfect for scrapbooking titles and embellies).
My parents also got me a New Mexican silver necklace on their recent trip to Albuquerque.

After supper we went to Coldstone for dessert. I REALLY wanted Blueberry Muffin Batter ice cream but they didn't have it so I settled (happily) on a Birthday Cake Remix sundae: Cake Batter ice cream, brownie chunks and sprinkles in a waffle cone. Instant favorite!And of course Kev was in ice cream heaven:
I love birthdays!
Here's to many many more!

No comments: