Thursday, March 11, 2010

31 projects

So, in honor of my turning 31 I've decided to complete 31 projects this year. Kev thinks that I'll far surpass this goal but I'm not so optimistic. I'm a great starter . . . I get lots of ideas and begin LOTS of projects . . . but I'm really not a finisher. If you could only see my stack of started scrapbooking layouts and mini albums in my closet -- wow, yeah. When I start a layout or a project I put all the components into one of those giant zipper bags (the 2 gallon ones) to keep it all together until I'm finished. Great idea, but now my scrap area looks like a tribute shrine to Ziploc . . . we should've bought stock.

So this year I'm determined to complete projects, 31 of them to be exact. There's no prize for finishing except maybe the flat pile of empty bags ready for new inhabitants and a great reduction in my overwhelming stash of crafting and scrapping supplies. I've already got a few under my belt, such as the aforementioned Teddy-Go-Round, so I'm on my way. The photo at the beginning of this post is of the growing pile of Granny Square loveliness that is currently taking up 2 ziploc bags behind my spot on the couch. I'm making a throw blanket to keep in the front room . . . I'm always freezing . . . and it's going to take 100 of these squares to finish it. I've got about 35 done as of last night and each square takes about 1 hr to finish so I've got a ways to go but I hate just sitting around watching tv in the evenings - feels more accomplished if my hands are moving. I realized when I put together my blanket mini album that I've only made one other blanket for myself in all these years so I'm splurging. Don't be afraid, but the squares do match our home colors . . . the lighting was a little wonky when I took the photo but yeah, our colors are brick, butter, sage, and teal, all in varying amounts so it's not a rainbow. I love it and Kev doesn't mind it either.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted on here about my progress. The projects aren't only going to be for me but also for friends and for donating so I'd better get on it!

2 comments:

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

What a great idea! It will be fun to see all your projects!

I am the same way. I start LOTS of projects with good intentions and then have difficulty finishing them. The ADD in me??

Look forward to seeing all you projects.

Erin Claassen said...

I'm always impressed with people who are creative and crafty. Glad you're so ambitious with your goal! Looking forward to what you make.