Saturday, December 27, 2008

all was merry and bright!

So, I know I have several sets of grandparents awaiting these photos so I decided to post Christmas before I do Gennie's birthday. Sorry, Beans, but you'll just have to wait.

We were part of the Worship team for the Community Christmas Eve service this year so we had to be ready to play by 5pm that night. We had a good time and this year it was my dad's turn to bring the Word . . . each minister gets to take a turn . . . and they were expecting more than 400 people from the churches in town. After we were thru there we spent a little time driving around town to look at the Christmas lights . . . one of my fav traditions. We ended up at my parents' house for hot cocoa and a few presents. The kids opened their gifts from Auntie Krista and Uncle Joey (a helicopter and a trunk full of dress up fairy clothes), and their new jammies from us:
Josiah discovered the Santa that slides down the chimney . . . that little guy has been in our family forever, an Avon special from the days of yore when my mom's mom sold Avon and all our presents came from there . . . Krista and I spent many hours each holiday season running him up and down that pole . . . so much so that now he skids the first half and falls the rest of the way, plopping unceremoniously on that little chunk that's supposed to be the chimney:He was quite impressed. And now, since Blogger is being a royal pain in my butt and not letting me upload photos, I'll have to save Christmas morning for another post. Stay tuned!

No comments: