Friday, February 5, 2010

the suspicious suitcase

So, yesterday Kev came home a little later than usual from school. I figured he had extra prep to do or a meeting or some equal nuisance so I didn't think anything about it. The kids were all wound up, J from his nap and G because school was over for the day, and they accosted him the moment he entered the house. I was sitting on the couch, having already started supper, watching NCIS reruns and since the kids were each hanging on his legs I didn't get up to greet him, figuring I'd let them have their fun for a minute and hug him when they were done and had moved on to something else. Kev made it thru the kitchen and into our room to take off his coat, then came right back into the living room and grinned while he asked, "Should I be concerned?"

I had no idea what he was talking about so he beckoned for me to follow him back to our room and pointed to the end of the bed, where this was sitting:
I burst out laughing, and he just stood there looking at me like I'd lost my mind. When I could speak again I explained that this bad now holds all my yarn . . . because my stash had completely overrun the floor of my closet and needed to be contained . . . and I'd gotten it out earlier in the day and just didn't put it back yet. It didn't even occur to me how it would look to arrive home late and see your wife's bag packed and waiting on the end of the bed. The good thing is that he wasn't really concerned that I was heading out, just thought it was a funny thing to come home to.
I don't think I'd get very far having packed only yarn:

1 comment:

The Washburns said...

You really should write a book! Your posts are sooo funny...