Monday, October 29, 2007

3 months old

So, I didn't get this on here for the actual day but Josiah is now 3 months old. Time is flying! I was looking thru some old pix of me and my sister from forever ago . . . I was 3.5 and she was 2 months old . . . and found this photo of us together:



Now, compare that to these photos of Josiah taken yesterday:

Both Kev and I were stricken . . . he sure looks a lot like her. We noticed right away when he came out that he has her ears . . . small and close to his head . . . she even has to tear off half of a Q-tip before she can clean her ears, they're so small . . . but they even make the same faces! Ahh, genetics!

In other news:

1. I came into the front room the other day and found this:


What is it about the kids always liking the box more than the toy that comes in it? She kept whispering, "You can't find me, Mom!"

2. I finished this for a baby shower this last weekend:

It's called a Raggie Quilt. My mom and Kev both thought that the seam side should be on the inside but I had to explain that it's supposed to look like this. Didn't really take all that long to do, either, if you don't count the thousands of distractions that come up with a baby and a preschooler. My first attempt at a quilt! Maybe I'll make one for Josiah for Christmas. Not sure yet. The good thing is that he'll still be little enough that he won't have any idea what he gets for Christmas . . . he'll probably want the boxes more than the toys, too!

3. Starting the Christmas gifts this week. I have some fantastic ideas for different things that I wish I could post on here but I'll wait until after the holidays so the surprises aren't spoiled. Gotta say, tho, they're gonna be fun!

4. Also doing our Christmas card this week so it can get to the printer's in time to send out. I'm not doing a letter with it, tho . . . I figure people can find out what we've been doing by reading the blog. It's more interesting reading about things when they happen instead of a recap anyway.

Better get on it.

3 comments:

jered said...

I thought at first that you had made a Reggae Quilt. I was wondering why you chose pink and green instead of green, yellow, and red.

Sounds like fun, though. Our kids don't look much like each other. Hey enjoy a few pix of us and the Komareks from the pumpkin patch: http://picasaweb.google.com/jered.ratliff/ThePumpkinPatch?authkey=mQt2j36h6Y0

Samantha said...

Wow! 3 months old already!! Crazy! Super cute quilt! Can't wait to see what you are making for Christmas gifts, you'll have to give me some ideas! Also loved your school/art work board from last post (or so! tried to comment earlier but it wouldn't let me) We love ours and use it everyday!

jered said...

It just occurred to me that you could never be a receptionist where I work: National University. I wonder how many people know why.