Friday, March 14, 2008

a little randomness for friday

So, since I don't have all the photos I want to post on here ready quite yet, here's a taste of what we've been up to. I'm ready for the weekend.
Gennie was sick Sat night, beginning with "mom, I think I threw up in my bed" and ending 12 hours later with her falling asleep on the toilet with her head propped on the "barf bucket":

Funny how she can take a 3 hour nap and then wake up as if nothing went on at all. Too bad I didn't get to catch up on sleep while she was - I've gotta remember that.

Josiah had his friend Ethan over for a while on Wed. Ethan is crawling and Josiah spent the time alternating between being fascinated by Ethan doing circles around him and yelling at Ethan because he couldn't keep up. At least they aren't fighting over toys -- yet.

Josiah tried out his shopping cart cover this week. He is finally out of his bucket and in a regular car seat so he got to sit up and look around at the grocery store this time. As you can see he was enthralled by it all.

Gennie and Kev made brownies last night. She was all decked out in her gingerbread man apron from Auntie Ruthie and even got to help put in the ingredients. By the end she had batter from ear to ear . . . and I cleaned more off her when she got up this morning . . . but they had fun!And while they did that, I did this:Josiah is getting teeth numbers 6-8 all at once and has not been sleeping much these last few days/nights. I finally got him to take his evening nap . . . he gets up around 9:45 every morning (unless we have to be somewhere) so he doesn't have a morning nap, just afternoon and from about 7pm-8:30pm . . . and rather than sit there doing nothing, I've found a way to work on the Project Linus blankets while I'm holding him. Not that I don't love holding a sleeping baby but on weeks like this when I don't get much else done because he is having such a hard time at least I can accomplish something.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

The Bundy's said...

That Ethan kid sounds like a show-off!