Friday, June 8, 2007

not much to post about today, but tomorrow....

So, not much has been going on here again. I'm still trying to kick this sickness, whatever it is, and would love a day where my right tonsil didn't feel like it was being torn out everytime I cough. But that's just not in the cards right now, I guess. I went to the baby dr appt last Fri and he checked out all the cold stuff, too. They did a strep test and it came back negative . . . the nurse was training a new CNA on strep tests and the CNA didn't know she had to take the lid off the tube to put the swab in . . . the nurse ended up doing 3 swabs, with much gagging from me, just to get one usable test . . . then she had a great laugh with the other nurses at the station right outside my exam room door at the expense of this poor, new CNA fresh out of classes. I felt bad, kind of, but I guess that's how it is everywhere when you start a new job. All this to say that it's apparently not strep, and the dr says to just keep taking the otc sore throat stuff. Actually, Tylenol has been working better than any of that so I think I'll stick with that, especially since Tylenol has little chance of actually hurting the little guy.

Tomorrow is a jam-packed day. I have a baby shower to go to for a friend who is due about a week before us, then in the evening I'm co-hosting a couple's shower for some friends from our church who are getting married at the end of the month. My mom and I thought it might be fun to do a shower that the men-folk have to come to, too, since the ladies usually get all the fun. I asked the couple to pick a theme since the bride has already had quite a few showers and gotten most of the usual housewarming stuff. They picked "camping" so we're decorating the church like a campsite complete with awning and lawn chairs and picnic tables with edible campfires as centerpieces. For the dessert we're making s'mores in a fire pit outside, and the activities are men vs. women building a shelter, etc. We've been making announcements about it in church for the past month so that everyone is able to come, and the groom keeps begging the other men to join him even tho it's called a "shower" because he doesn't want to be the only guy there. I told Kevin he's mandated to be there to keep the groom company, and the couples' parents will all be in town for it so the dad's can lend their support. Tonite we have to do all the set up and decorating so there's less to do tomorrow. How is it that I seem to have weeks of nothing going on, then everything lands on the same day? Oh yeah, and 6 weeks AT MOST left until Josiah makes his appearance. Okay, my heart has resumed beating. . .

No comments: